Taking a proctored online exam is no different from any classroom exam that you have taken. The only difference is that the exam will be taken on a computer rather than using paper and pencil. The job of the proctor is to ensure that the instructions specified by the instructor are carried out.
Students need to bring a picture ID to the Exam Room. No Exam will be given without proper picture ID.
Things to do prior to the exam:
- Complete all the required assignments and quizzes. Most online exams are only available to you if you have done all the necessary work.
- Request and receive approval for your proctor.
- Insure that you have a Photo ID with you.
- Contact your proctor to insure that he/she has received instructions from the University.
- Note any special instructions your instructor may have posted on your class site.
The typical procedure of a proctored exam is as follows:
- The proctor insures the identity of the student taking the exam.
- The proctor explains the exam instructions.
- Log into your course site and select the appropriate exam.
- The proctor types in the password that will make the exam available.
- Take your exam.