- A minimum 3.0 GPA is required by COMDDE for admission into the 1st bachelor's program at the beginning of the junior year (approximately 60 credits).
- Many graduate programs across the country, including USU, accept students with higher GPAs. (Average GPA usually 3.75 – 3.8)
- Students planning on graduate school should carefully and honestly evaluate their potential for excelling in their coursework and maintaining a high GPA.
Those seeking their first bachelor's degree should do the following:
- Fill out the COMD Information Form and indicate approximately how many transfer credits from other colleges/universities (if any) you hope to be able to transfer to USU to be used toward your bachelor's degree. The form allows the department to gather your personal information and educational background. The department cannot put together an accurate educational plan until ALL your transcripts have been received and evaluated through the formal admissions articulation process. This insures that students will not be repeating courses they have already taken.
- Apply Online to the University
- After you are admitted, contact your COMDDE advisor.
Assistant Advisor: Heather Thomas
- Go to the USU Distance Webpage to locate the classes and register.
See Registration Dates and Deadlines
To avoid a late fee, prospective students must begin their application by the dates listed below, but may continue to submit materials after the date has passed.
Summer Semester: April 1
Fall Semester: April 1 (Freshmen) June 1 (Others)
Spring Semester: October 1