All students are responsible to know the departmental Online Degree Policies.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is required by COMDDE for continuation in the 2nd bachelor's degree program.
- Many graduate programs across the country, including USU, accept students with higher GPAs. (Average GPA is 3.75 – 3.8)
- Students planning on graduate school should carefully and honestly evaluate their potential for maintaining a high GPA.
Those students seeking a post-bachelor's degree should do the following:
- Potential Student Information
Please fill out the COMD Information Form and indicate whether you are a degree seeking or non-degree seeking student. The form allows the department to gather your personal information and educational background. (Once you have submitted the form, please proceed to Step 2. The department will not contact you at this point.)
- Apply to the University
To avoid a late fee, prospective students must submit their application by the dates listed below, but may continue to submit materials (transcripts, etc.) after the date has passed. If a student has missed the application deadline and chooses to avoid the late fee, they can apply for the following semester and begin the current semester as a non-degree seeking student.
Summer Semester: April 1
Fall Semester: June 1
Spring Semester: October 1
3. Wait for Admittance to USU
You will receive an email from your Academic Advisor, Brynne Davies, updating you on the status of your application when it is complete and has been reviewed by the Department. Once you are formally admitted to USU, you will receive a confirmation from the University by mail. You are welcome to check the status of your application at any time by contacting your Admissions Officer, Jenifer Eskelsen (email@example.com, 435.797.1793, or 800.488.8108). Remember that it can take 6-8 weeks to process your application, so apply early. If you are not admitted by the deadline, you will not be able to register for classes as an admitted student for that semester, and your application will be deferred for the following semester's admission.
4. After you are admitted, contact your COMDDE advisor: Brynne Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your schedule and register for classes.